Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Anniversary, Mother's Day, AND Project Purge :)

 Anniversary- Dan and I have officially been married a year today! Our first anniversary has been low key low budget but has been nothing but pure happiness and joy :) We went out to eat to Regatta's Seafood and then took a trip to Joseph-Beth where he bought me WFE book (of course I have seen and LOVE the movie!) and I love the royal family and Princess Katherine so I had to get this magazine/book that has a ton of pictures and history information in it. It was an awesome night :) The whole weekend we talked about "Remember what we were doing at this time last year?" We said that about 20 times at different points in the weekend, lol.

 This is the top of our wedding cake. The icing tasted a bit old but the cake itself was still moist and tasty!


 Okay okay, these 2 pictures may look lame but we had dinner with my in-laws and were able to get the "good luck" moment on camera :)


Project Purge- Purge 30 Items in 30 Days!


I took this idea from my friend Jenna (Thanks Jenna!) on her blog in which she did the  Project Purge
and it seemed like a great idea. She also got it from another blog about organization which I love :) Dan and I are moving to a 2 bedroom apartment in 3 weeks and I can't stand clutter! Jenna gave me the idea to sort things into different piles 1. Things I love and must keep 2. Yard Sale/Goodwill Items 3. Items to Trash. Another important tip: If you haven't used it in a year, what is the point in keeping it? So with those guidelines, I got Dan on board and we went well over 30 times in 2 days! 2 days! Determined? Yes! Crazy? Maybe :) I had so many things that I had been keeping thinking "Well you never know when I would need this? I'll use it again someday I'm sure". Well to me that is just baggage, why hold onto it all? So I let it go! I went through everything I could using the rules above and got rid of so much stuff and it feels FREEEEEEE :) We took out 4 or 5 bags of trash (Lost count actually), plus 1 bag to donate to family, 1 bag to Goodwill, and the items below are for an upcoming yard sale at my in-law's place. Everything from new and unused tanning lotions, Coach purse, Swarvoski jewlery and figurines, computer keyboard, radar detector, books to shoes I've only worn once, mens clothes, etc. You name it, we are probably selling it. LOL. So our place is cleaned out and organized and we're ready to move. Last but not least, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY :)



3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!!! That's so exciting. And I'm glad you were inspired to get rid of some stuff too. You're so right, it's a totally freeing feeling to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you saved the cake topper, so cute! Happy Anniversary to both of you, it is clear that you make each other very happy and support each other in your goals :)

    Cari, you must teach me your trick, I have been trying to sort through my stuff and keep getting stuck right when I think I'm making progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I'm very lucky to have Dan, I've never been more in love and it keeps growing every day...different from any other relationship I have ever been in. It is truly a dream come true for me :) Kiri, when ever your free and need help organizing, just call me. I can totally talk you through it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers