Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

~BiRtHdaYs, DiAper ParTieS, & RaNdoMneSS~

 This is the most beautiful cake I've ever had for my birthday and it was done by my sister-in-law :) Top layer white with go-nosh (<--no clue on how to spell it) and the bottom layer was chocolate with some type of chocolate coffee filling. Yummy! (P.S. On the left side is where the ribbon breaks apart. I love how she got all 4 themes!)
 Had to have red juice of course and party favors for people to take home. I seriously had the BEST birthday ever and was so thankful to have so many show up just for me!!!! I am so grateful.
 The party room minus a lot of people who hadn't showed up yet.
 One of my many awesome gifts!
 My face is in reaction to my girlfriend reserving a special book for me to be shipped directly to me when it was released. What book? The Official Illustrated Guide to The Twilight Saga. AMAZING!!! :) Can't wait to read it!


Now, onto my friend's Diaper Party! Cassie is expecting her 2nd baby boy in just a little bit and these were a few of my favorite pictures from the party.

 Airplane of chocolate cupcakes! Yummmmmy :)

 Lauren Cullen made this...loved it! 

 Jan Hatch made this awesome blanket for Cassie! Lol hope Jan is around for another year...gotta wait till after my college graduation ;)
and finally, a picture of me and the expecting mother :) Love you Cassie!



Now onto my randomness of thoughts....1. My 1st Anniversary is coming up on May 8th and I seriously can't believe it's almost been an entire year that I've been married!! Time has flown by and I couldn't be any happier. I fall more in love with Dan everyday and I'm constantly reassured that he is my soul mate. We've learned a lot about each other and continue to do so everyday. In June, we will be able to get sealed for all of time and eternity in the temple and I look forward to it so much. I'm already incredibly blessed but I know Dan and I will be blessed for the rest of eternity when we are sealed together forever. I love him dearly :)
2. Also over the course of this past year, I've become very involved with church and have become close to many members. I never imagined that I would have so many genuinely good-hearted friends who love me and support me. Dan and I constantly spend time with many of our church friends....there are always dinners to go to or prepare for, friends to hang out with, sports to play, and talking to do. I've been fortunate to babysit for many members in our ward and the kids are the best! I just love all the little ones....your heart melts every time you see a small child closing their eyes and whispering a prayer. It always makes me smile :) Along with this year....I think about my life before I converted. Yes I drank, I partied, I smoked....I have quite of a past then I'm not ashamed of because I didn't know any better but at the same time, I haven't really opened up about it a whole lot yet. It'll take me time and I have opened up to a few members but I will open up in more time. I feel like my past helps me to understand a lot about life in general and will help me with my future social work career but at the same time the life I had then makes me forever grateful for the life I have now and the gospel. I have truly never been happier in my life then I am now. When I need anything from advice, help with something, finding a new job, a smile on my face, or anything...my friends from church are always there and always non-judging. I recently have had a tough couple of days and have been bothered by something that really got me down. I have a really close friend that unfortunately doesn't live near me so I talking to her isn't always available. But there was a night a few days ago, when a member and I were sitting down talking to me. I never had any intention of talking to her about what I was going through just because I wasn't comfortable yet. But somehow when she sat down and started talking to me, my feelings just kind of poured out to her along with the tears. This was the first time someone from church had seen me cry and break down in a mere 15 seconds. After she listened to me ranted for what seemed forever, she smiled at me and kindly reassured me of the church full of members that loved me and were always there for me to talk to. She reassured me that although they weren't converts and couldn't always understand my experiences before becoming a member, they would always be supportive and there for me. She also told me how much members loved and adored me. I think that made me cry more. The member knows who she is....and I can say that that talk and those words meant a lot to me. They touched my heart and for once in my life, I felt like I had an army of support behind ready to do anything for me. I am forever grateful for the gospel and my decision to become a LDS. I am forever grateful for my new life, my husband, my family, my friends, and all of the blessings that Heavenly Father continues to bless me with.

And finally....

3. Dan is doing great! He is still working at UK and still trying to get on with the police or sheriff's department....no one has a budget right to hire so we are just playing the waiting game. He's a great cook and has been cooking a lot for me since I'm working and going to class and he always beats me home first. He's awesome :)


2 comments:

  1. Awesome cake, I'm sad I missed the party. Glad things are going well and it was fun to read your update. :) Sorry to hear that you've been going through some hard things. That's never fun, but we know it's for our good. Although it's hard to see it and understand at the time. If you ever need a friend to talk to or just hang out, I'm super close! {at least for a little while longer til you move} And It's amazing how fast years go now that were "grown-up" huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah the cake was pretty neat! Hard things are never fun but I can't complain because life has been going great for a while so I knew there was bound to be a bump in the road come up. Thank you...yes you are very close and my time is just now starting to free up. I have still never had any time to work on my scrapbooking....I need to get on that! I think it would be a great present for Dan to have it done by the time we get sealed in June. I know he would love looking at the photos from our wedding and honeymoon all put together. I will definitely be utilizing you :) I am definitely grown-up now...so is Dan. We were just talking about it the other day actually...when we first moved in, our bills were all over the place, our couch for a month consisted of a skinny ottoman with t.v. trays, haha! So I know we definitely have come a long way!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers