Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fabric Wreath

Hello all :) I actually completed this project a while back but am just now getting a chance to blog about it. So here it is! One day I will get me a NICE camera instead of just my old digital one so all of my photos will look better.







How to make this? It's pretty easy...until you get to the rosettes. Cut off strips of fabric according to what length or thickness you like. Mine were about 1" X 12". Only tie them in one knot to save on fabric. After you get the entire wreath covered, start making the rosettes. I am NOT a natural at rosette making and honestly you just have to practice, practice, and practice some more. For my rosettes, I used strips that were pretty thick around 2" X 12" and used super glue for making them. Then use left over material from the wreath to create the small "jewels" in the center of the rosette. Since my wreath is not a flat surface, I first hot glued the rosettes to black felt, cut them out, then attached them to the wreath. Again, my camera does NOT do my wreath justice. It's not the best but for my first time, I think it's down right pretty :)

1 comment:

  1. Totally love this!!! I'm going to have to try it next! By the way, love your blog background!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers